Friday, September 6, 2013

One week!

One week ago..........I got married! After 19 years together and one child we tied the knot. Yes, we were a little unconventional but that's how it happened. I guess we were doing the brad and Angelina before they did : ). Well what does this have to do with thrifting?? I will tell you, We had a civil ceremony at the courthouse but I still wanted a pretty dress. I thought I would buy a new one and went looking. I looked everywhere and could not find one I liked or fit right, etc. So I was driving and noticed a sign for a brand new thrift store in my area and pulled in. I immediately found a dress, within the first 10 minutes, and after looking a little harder found the perfect lite sweater to add a little color and wasnt too hot. There was a 30% off sale so I got my outfit for 16 bucks. I was so pleased and I thought the dress was perfect. If you're in the Orange County area check out What Goes Around Clothing in Costa Mesa for some great things : )











10 comments:

  1. I love you. That story is awesome!!!
    What an amazing thrifty woman you are! Congrats to you and your new hubby.
    xoxo jules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! It was an awesome and simple day just like we wanted it. : )

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! What a great thrifty outfit, and you look lovely in it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I felt good in it, very important : ) It's not a good deal if you don't feel good wearing it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS. remember all the corset tops and other things we bought in the 80's just because they were on sale at Norstroms and never wore? !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I love how his shirt matches your sweater. Adorable. May you always be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! :D The dress is absolutely gorgeous, I love the story of how you found it :) Many happiness for you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I replied to your comment on my blog :)
      http://thriftoclock.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/my-first-week-of-sixth-form-back-to.html?showComment=1379535085534#c5228518409651819472

      Delete
  7. What a great dress! Perfect for your special day. I got remarried back in 2009 and I found my wedding dress for $60 and it was perfect for our venue. Love the wedding photos!!!

    ReplyDelete