Friday, March 22, 2013

Dog walking outfit !

Well I was getting ready to take my pups for a walk and I realized everything I had on pretty much had been thrifted so I thought I would do an outfit of the day outfit.  It was 66 degrees out according to my iphone but it definitely felt warmer than that, I was comfortable in what I was wearing and  not cold.  My top is Banana Republic-1.00 brand new at a yard sale.
Skirt is a no name brand white eyelet skirt from the S. Army for 3.99
The sandals were brand new never worn BORN sandal thongs for 5.99
My earrings are big skinny hoops I got at A New Day Thrift for .99 cents
Bracelet was .50 cents from a Yard Sale.
My ring I found  several years back at an Antique store, hidden and turned completely black,  with a matching bracelet for 120.00, they are handmade and really gorgeous together ! I have gotten a lot of wear out of it.   I love my thrifting but I will definitely spend money on  good jewelry.

12.50 excluding my ring for an outfit that I wear out and about when the weather is good!  Very simple, comfy and inexpensive.


Here is a picture of the bracelet up close, it is a stretch cuff type bracelet and is super comfortable.   I can make similar things, I do beadwork but this was .50,  trendy and cute.   The things I make are more traditional (American Indian)  and much finer work (as in smallness of beads, thread, design) and time consuming.  I always have a lot of ideas for things that never get made because of the time involved.  

And I must point out my manicure, it has been staying really well, this is the 3rd day and I definitely do chores around the house and it still is not chipping.  I am wearing a glossy black from Wet & Wild covered with OPI  teenage dream.  (my son thinks that is  so funny, I'm definitely not a teenager but I like it and I don't care)

Thank you for looking and have a wonderful weekend: )

9 comments:

  1. Hi Sweet Girl with the cutest ever thrifted dog walking outfit! Can I please, please feature you next week on my 25th week of thrifted outfits? It gets so lonely standing there by myself. ;-)
    Let me know what you think... and as usual AWESOME JOB thrifting. xoxo jules

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog. Since working one afternoon a week in an op-shop, I've almost ceased buying anything "new" (except food, of course). I have a couple of posts about it in my blog: 50 Shades of Unemployment at 50shadesofunemployment@blogspot.com.au



    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!! Welcome to Thrifters Anonymous! I am loving that polish!! and that ring is adorable! Thank you so much for sharing your thrifty finds looking forward to more of your finds!!!

    Shana

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely! I love your bracelet! so pretty :)

    Sita xx
    http://buttonsapart.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, you have got me craving summer. Your outfit is just so breezy and carefree. I love the message it sends!

    So you do beading too? Right on. I love your find, and I have been tempted to try this style of bead weaving. I see lots of books in the library on this. Beautiful find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thanks for visiting : ) There are a lot of great utube videos on beading too.

      Delete
  6. Dawn, you find the most amazing things EVER!!! I love the whole outfit including the sandals and bracelet. If I ever get to your area, I'm getting a list of these wonderful stores from you ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very rapidly this web site will be famous among all blogging and site-building visitors, due to it's good articles
    Seattle Dog Walking

    ReplyDelete